Panasonic Updates 2-in-1 TOUGHBOOK 33
Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, announced enhancements to its fully rugged 2-in-1 TOUGHBOOK 33. Bringing better performance, greater flexibility, enhanced functionality and more security, the TOUGHBOOK 33 updates were driven by the evolving needs of mobile workers in extreme field conditions every day. Since its introduction to the market in 2017, the TOUGHBOOK 33 has been one of the best-selling fully rugged models of any laptop, 2-in-1 or tablet.
“Whether working in public sector, government, utilities, enterprise or other industries, the updated TOUGHBOOK 33 helps mission-critical mobile workers operate safely and efficiently in any environment,” said Craig Jackowski, GM of Product Management, Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America. “Our updates were driven by a customer-focused philosophy core to Panasonic that aims to deliver on the performance and reliability users have come to expect from the TOUGHBOOK brand.”
The updated TOUGHBOOK 33’s 2-in-1 form factor and innovative 3:2 display offers mobile workers the durable build, flexible design and enterprise specifications they need to get their jobs done. With the ability to connect to Private LTE CBRS networks, up to 2.8x faster Wi-Fi 6 and 2x faster Bluetooth 5.1, the TOUGHBOOK 33 offers enhanced connectivity, ensuring mobile workers can access critical information in real-time, no matter where the workday takes them. For those who operate in loud environments or at night like many in the utility, public sector and federal spaces, the device provides improved functionality with 50% louder speakers, improved mics for better speech recognition accuracy and a brighter red backlit keyboard.
The latest TOUGHBOOK 33 also provides upgraded security with Intel® Hardware Shield (part of Intel vPro®) and meets Microsoft’s Secured-core PC requirements. OPAL SSD’s are standard adding an extra layer of encryption capabilities, giving users the option of hardware encryption. Also, still available is BitLocker software encryption which combined with OPAL drives, gives customers the choice of hardware encryption, software encryption or using no encryption at all. These added layers ensure that any worker who must access sensitive information like medical records or surveillance footage does so in a controlled, secure manner.
Updated TOUGHBOOK 33 Key Features and Highlights:
- 12″ QHD 1200 nit 2-in-1 with optional keyboard
- IP65 & MIL-STD certified up to 5′ drops
- 512-1TB NVMe SSD & 16-32GB RAM doubles the standard and maximum capacities
- 4x faster SSD (data transfer) & 40% faster RAM
- Powered by 10th Gen Intel Core™ i5 and i7 processors (with Intel® vPro Technology) which is 40% faster using SysMark 2018
- Wi-Fi 6 speeds up to 2.4 Gbps (2.8x faster) and Bluetooth 5.1 (2x faster)
- Supports Private LTE and Band 48 CBRS as well as Band 14 and FirstNet™
- First rugged laptop or tablet with eSIM – the TOUGHBOOK 33 offers both a physical SIM card and an eSIM
- New USB-C port with power delivery
- 50% louder speakers and improved dual array microphone
- Improved camera with up to 30x faster laser autofocus and an added privacy cover
- 3x brighter red backlight keyboard out-of-the-box
- Optional barcode reader now has brighter laser to make it easier to scan
- Secured-core PC and Intel® Hardware Shield
- Choice of hardware encryption with OPAL SSD, software encryption with BitLocker or no encryption at all